Pages

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Document My Life | October

The end of September smiled at me and I thought I owe October to document it positively. I started the month full of creative energy and excitement for the days ahead. 3 days into the month I found myself on a flight to London, a place I briefly called home. During the flight I watched an episode of Origins: Journey of Humankind  on currency. They mentioned something interesting in the episode; in an era of information your individuality is the strongest currency. I found myself exploring what my individuality is, what it means and I'm not sure how far I've reached. Who am I really?

I found myself in the streets of Cambridge; waking up with a purpose. Reigniting the enthusiasm I have in me for genetics and why I want to be part of it. The end of each talk made me realise this is coming closer to an end but I know the discussions will keep going.

During October I've realised how much family and friends are important to me despite me feeling I could make it alone a lot of the time. I spent the month out with friends that have always been close to me and others I reconnected with only lately. And that family of mine that every time I decide I need a break from them I end up wanting to spend more time with them.

Despite the lack of autumn vibes this October, my brother Ahmed gave me both the cold and warm feeling associated with the season. To him I'm grateful.

Now November, please be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment