Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Documenting My Life | November

The best decision I've made during November is to embark on a well-planned 52 week journey to self-discovery. For November, the theme was gratitude towards one's self. I had to explore things like gifts, spiritual gifts, physical health and unique qualities. For someone who has always negatively criticised herself it was shocking and a bit difficult to focus on just the positive things. One of the most significant discoveries this month wasn't something I came up with but rather pointed out to me. I was questioning how one figures out their unique qualities and I got a simple reply; that I'm optimistic in the face of adversity. "Optimistic" was never a trait I associated with myself. I questioned it a lot. But I thought the only way I could understand what she meant was to ask for examples of this optimism in the face of adversity. I was told I'm unhappy about my situation yet I'm still here. That I make the best of it by attending conferences, writing articles and discovering myself. And that I generally keep my spirits high. And that's admirable. For a change, I embraced it. I have never analysed it that way but it's true. I'm still here. Still fighting in my own way. Let's see how it will all end.

No comments:

Post a Comment