Pages

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Dear 26

Dear 26,

I've been pondering the meaning of "patience" for a while now. Not its literal definition but what it means to me. I've always said patience is not my strongest suit; I'm ill tempered, always wanting things to move quickly. What do you call it when you're forced to patiently wait? I think it will be my favourite word once I find it.

Patience is not my strongest suit yet I patiently made my cup of coffee for the day. It's funny how life forces us to go through it, forcing us to tolerate whatever situation we're going through.

I grabbed a sealed packet of Balinese coffee while waiting for the water to boil. I got out the French press and rinsed it. It hasn't been used for a while, the Nespresso machine has always been our go to coffee maker since buying it. I poured in a bit of hot water into the press to warm it up slightly, added 3 tablespoons of coffee and continued pouring the rest of the water. I patiently waited for 3 minutes while the coffee was brewing, thinking about how I'm trying to be patient for a change, not giving my brain a chance to dwell in and on and around my worries. I pushed down the French press and with it every urge to scream and cry.

I can't call it patiently waiting because I can always find time to complain about it. Always trying to do this or that; whether it's morning, evening or night.

I poured my now freshly brewed coffee into the usual mug. Dark and bitter as my thoughts. I looked into the coffee, barely seeing my reflection, satisfied with the smell. I patiently waited for the right time to have a sip of it, for it to hopefully wash down my thoughts with it.

It was a good change from the quick Nespresso coffee. I'm not sure if I got the results I intended, I didn't appreciate the being patient part. It did absolutely nothing other than a cup of coffee.

Thank you for patiently reading this.
And remember, some things take time to brew

No comments:

Post a Comment