Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Documenting My Life | December

At some point in the end of November and the beginning of December I decided that I shouldn't be going out. That decision was influenced by a lot of things happening in my surroundings that I found comfort in staying longer hours in my room, preferring to stay alone than meeting people. I somehow managed to convince myself that I shouldn't be enjoying my time and instead I should be focusing on one main task I've been trying to get to.

Back in January I had very high hopes for December. I imagined it in a very different way. I thought I would've figured things out by then. Have things sorted. To have things lifted off my shoulders and not just me alone. I absolutely hate it when things don't go according to plan, it makes my ignore everything good that ever happened and just focus on everything that didn't. It's normal I guess.

Negativity aside, December was the month I allowed my feet to touch the beach in a pretty long time. I felt the sand between my toes, the cold water after its rage and smelt that familiar salty smell that reminds me of my childhood.

I appreciated the time I spent alone more than I should. I asked myself so many questions and spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking of answers. I don't have a lot of them incase you're wondering. I journaled, although less than I hoped I would.

I saw my father as he slowly started sharing more. He seemed like in a good mood and shared stories from his childhood. He discussed with us random topics from economics to farming and water supply. We talked about land prices, investments and the future. We attended a lecture at the National Museum that allowed us to discuss topics on the history of Oman in more details. 

December was also the month that made me realise how lucky I am with the people I'm close with. The time I spend with my sister is something I always look forward to. My friends are great, always making sure I'm alright and taking that extra step to force me to go out, to let go of some things and just breathe. And my cousins, those whom I haven't seen in a while and when we meet its like we're 12 again watching Disney movies and waiting for my sister to tell us a story she made up. 

To be honest I'm glad December is over. I'm glad 2016 is over and I'm more than ready to the start the new year with more hope than I currently have. I documented a whole year by answering 365 questions in that Q&A journal, by documenting monthly and by journaling whenever I felt like it. I think I enjoyed it and I'll continue with it in 2017. Or at least I hope I will.

Happy New Year! And may 2017 be the best year yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment