Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Documenting My Life | March

While March started off a bit stressful being in the middle of my exam week it ended on a more relaxing way. March was the month I appreciated my surroundings more. It probably has to do with the longer days and the change in weather, making London less gloomy and more vibrant. To be honest, it worries me a lot, the sudden start of attachment to the city I once couldn't stand. London is a beautiful city once you realise the amount of things you could do.

This month, I started my research project on primary lymphoedema at St George's. My daily commutes to the lab has given me time to catch up with some greatly missed reading time. I work with a group that's full of energy and always willing to help out. It's the little things like catching up after a weekend, not having lunch until everyone is around and offering help at any given time makes them just the more special. So far, I'm satisfied with my progress in the lab. I have proved to myself the ability to work hard and efficiently. I might be pushing myself a lot in some days but it feels good at the end of the day when mostly everything works according to the plan.

March made me appreciate one of my friends more. I have always enjoyed her presence and spending time with her, but in March I feel like we have spent more time and I got to know her on a more personal level. She has constantly proven that good looks and brains could exist in the same person. Always there to add a bit more to my knowledge whether through books or general knowledge. I don't give a lot of people the chance to be good friends just because I'm happy with the ones I have and I'm glad I've stayed in touch with her after school. Celebrating Nowruz with my friend and her family, having delicious food and playing board games is just an addition to the endless list of why I appreciate her a lot. Mariam, if you're reading this, thank you!

I'd say the hilight of my month is going to the London Zoo. I sound like an excited child but there is something exciting about watching animals. The main reason for going there was to see the Gorilla Kingdom. Primates fascinate me and their behaviour interests me a lot. If I could get a pet monkey I'd be the happiest person alive.

I usually find myself in a slump more often than I like just because I tend to constantly worry about the unknown future. March with it's sunny days and good news made me more cheerful and full of hope. Made me appreciate my present and worry less.

I'm looking forward for April to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment