Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Dear 26

Dear 26,

I envy those who could just pack and leave. Those who come from a culture that encourages self discovery. Those who don't need their parents' or society's approval to just leave. Those who don't mask the need to leave by using a degree as an excuse.

I don't want to be one of those people who settle for a boring life because it's comfortable. I don't want to stay in a place just for the sake of financial security. I don't want to be a tree that can't move because her roots are stuck to the ground. I don't want to stay because I'm expected to do so. The irony, exactly a month ago I answered the question "are you seeking security or adventure?" with security. My reasoning was because getting to security is an adventure on it's own.

Whenever I'm stressed I get the same idea, running away to a mountain. It's funny that the same idea has been there for more than 6 years now. The need to run away to a place no one knows about me. For me to be able to live between people who don't know me and never judged me yet. For my stay there to be a journey of self discovery and learning to let go of everything that previously held me back. To start fresh.

I don't want to be completely shut off from the rest of the world, though. I want to communicate my new endeavours to an unknown audience. To be able to say what I really think about my life without hiding it behind metaphors hoping for it to not really be understood. To communicate raw, unfiltered thoughts.

I want to spend my mornings between reading to kids and caring for the elderly. To have a routine that's not boring. I want to spend my nights in the solace of a starry night. To write and document the mundane things in a day. In general, I want to appreciate the simplicity of life away from a stressed mind.

Keep all this in mind 26, for you might need to leave and I promise your old self will be proud.

London
23/2/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment