Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

In a months time I’d probably be packing to embark on the new journey. The idea of leaving for a year to live with myself is surprisingly easing my tense mind. There is something about having my own rules of living that makes me happy. Having my meals whenever I want to, going out whenever I feel like it and travelling whenever I have the time. Very liberating. Writing that out made me realise that I chain myself even when I try to convince myself that I don’t care what people think. I hope by the time I reach you I’d be able to really say it and mean it, “I don’t care”.

Commitment is something new I’ve learned about myself. I never knew I had it in me with that short temper and habit of complaining at a rate of 10 complaints per second. I’m happy to say I’ve proved myself wrong. My commitment to hold onto what I think is right after a whole year of ups and downs makes me very proud of the person I am today. My commitment to find the tiny details in my days that make me happy is something I never thought I’d be able to do for 100 days continuously. The more I think about it the more I realise I never gave myself the chance before this year to commit to something. 

In 3 years time, when you read this 26, I hope you’re still holding tight to what you think is right for you. Commit to your happiness, satisfaction, dreams and hopes no matter how selfish it may sound.

Yours truly,

The one committing to 26

No comments:

Post a Comment