- If you have the slightest feeling something doesn't feel right then speak up and say you don’t want it.
- never regret a decision you’ve made that you know will keep you happier, no matter what more “influential people” around you think.
- Don’t ever feel like you have to always justify your decisions. Some decisions are meant to be kept between you and yourself.
- When you feel something is right stand up for yourself and fight for it as much as you can. So you dont regret it one day.
- Try to live your life in a way that in the future you don't use “what if?”
- Never be the ladder people use to get to the top.
- Its ok to be selfish when it comes to your future and happiness
- Don’t take things for granted, appreciate all the little things around you.
- Projects, like plans and to-do-lists, help keeps my life and mind more organised.
- No matter how hard it feels while waiting, there is something better coming your way.
- Keep your expectations low, you wont be as disappointed.
- Don’t underestimate yourself, in the long run it ruins your self-esteem.
- It’s ok to question your parents, they don’t always know best.
- You’d reach a point where you won’t appreciate your birthday because you have too much going on in your life. Don’t let that happen a lot, you need to appreciate your existence more than your problems.
- Read as much as you can, you’ll go to more place, experience more things and learn more.
- Learn to live in peace with yourself, in the very little times this happened during the year it felt really good.
- Look at things you've been used to like it’s something new for it to not lose its beauty.
- Coffee is an art, its a ritual, a source of inspiration don't give up on it.
- Come up with rituals but not routines.
- Surround yourself with productive people and those that poke your mind.
- There are 2 types of people: those who make fun of your obsessions and those that embrace it.
- Travel with people you can actually live with and not only tolerate.
- Speak up before its too late.
- You don’t always have to stick to the plan as long as your goal is clear.
- You’re meant to change not stay the same.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Things I've Learnt In The Past Year
For the past year my life has felt like a compass trying to find north and it finally did. From where I am north is west towards London. I think I'm ready to try and think of everything I've learnt in the past year so that in the future I could come back to this and remind myself a thing or two. I have a habit of not proof reading my posts so there might be repetition, I wouldn't know.