Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

Changing, like wrinkles and white hair, is part of growing up. You can't control it, it just happens. When I was around the age of 13 I was naive enough to believe I'll never change. That I'll stay the same person thinking I was as perfect as I can be. I'm glad I changed. By 26, I want to be wiser, learn to be more patient, be more appreciative, complain less, stay positive, volunteer regularly, explore more often, give more, read more and never stop learning.

As much as I hate change, how unexpected it happens, I need it to keep going. I need it to improve myself, to stay motivated, to seek for what's better. To be the best version of myself in that point in time. 

While writing this, I'm thinking about Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson. I haven't read it in a while and maybe I should. 

Yours truly,
The one that's changing 

No comments:

Post a Comment