Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

It suddenly felt like someone put a glass bowl over my head, I zoned out and I could feel my pulse behind my ears, in my lips and in my wrists. It felt like my heart was beating write up in my head rather than my chest. 

I started reading the e-mail 

We have now made a decision on your application for Human Molecular Genetics (MSc 1YFT)

My breathing quickened. 

Everything blurred around me, I could hear my heart beating even louder.

Please login Student e-Service  to view the decision

I made sure I don't bring my hopes up. 
Keep in mind my low expectations.
Stay calm. 
Not shatter if it was a rejection.
Remember what I thought all along, I applied just for the sake of it.

Conditional offer

It took me a few seconds to register what I read.
Surreal. Just surreal.
I read the conditions: send the original transcripts & pay the deposit
The place felt like its spinning

I ran to my sister.
Switched the lights on.
Told her about it.
We did a hand dance and waist shake. We don't hug.

Conditional offer accepted

I cried.
Alhamdulillah
I prayed.
Allah never disappoints

I told my dad.
He's proud
I told my mom.
I think one of her wishes came true.

I sent everything they asked for and paid the deposit.

Unconditional offer accepted

26, thanks for the surprise you left in my inbox on the 25th of June 2015. I didn't see that coming, you caught me off guard. 2 weeks later I think its time, I had to tell you how it felt before I forget so that in 3 years time you'd be able to recall how it was.

I'm going to Imperial College London!

Yours truly,
Maria at 23 (aka Imperial as Omaima likes to call me)

No comments:

Post a Comment