Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Closing Doors

I woke up on the 1st of January 2015 in a dimly lit corridor. On both sides of the corridor were slightly opened doors, not enough for even my thin body to slip into those brightly lit rooms behind them. As far as I could see there are 7 doors, with different sounds and scents coming out of them. I tried pushing open the first 6 doors with no luck. I really wanted to go in but couldn’t. As I reached the 7th door, I was almost convinced that it won’t open from past experience, so I kicked it really hard only for the door to easily open, slamming really hard to the wall behind it. I went in and made the most out of the room until I had to leave. While there and after a while, I heard 6 loud bangs coming from outside the room. I realised it was the 6 doors I’ve seen earlier each closing tightly without giving me a chance to even go in. It happened to also be the time I had to leave the room, the minute I stepped out I heard it close quietly. I stood still in the dimly lit corridor waiting to hear any sound to guide me where to go next, I can’t go back, I can only go forward. I saw 3 new doors two of them closed the minute I touched them and the other one stood there with no light coming out of it or sound, it later closed with a bang. I now see 6 new doors that I’m afraid to touch, with my fingers in my ears, expecting them to bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment