Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

I don't remember the last time I've been satisfied with something I've done. I continuously raise the standards for achieving to the point where I end up achieving nothing significant. I'm probably being harsh with myself but just let me tell you, you're most honest with yourself at 5:40 am , when you're awake but lacking sleep. When you've been struggling for long trying to make something, anything, workout. I refuse to lower the standards, and it sucks to continuously fail at reaching standards you've set for yourself and no one else. 

I'm my and your harshest critic. Be ready for when I reach you to criticise every little step you will one day take. Your foot should have been straight while walking rather than 5 degrees to the side. Be ready to hear criticism that doesn't come with explanation or suggestions for improvement.

And while I'll always be your worst and harshest critic, never, and I mean never ever, ignore me. Continue with the highest standards you know you have to achieve. One day I'll make it. One day I'll meet the expectations I've set for myself.

With best of luck,
The harsh one

No comments:

Post a Comment