Today is the second day, in a row, that I find myself still awake at this very early time of the morning (it's 6:50 am while writing this). The only difference is that I decided to move from my bed instead of tossing and turning. I picked up "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert (a book i started reading a day before Ramadhan and decided to stop to read Quran instead) and sat by the window reading the thoughts of a woman who knows what she's looking for.
After a few chapters, I decided to stop and found myself thinking about how my boring, unproductive routine will change in exactly 6 days. Let me tell you about a few thoughts racing through the alleys of my brain:
- I'll probably reach Leeds on the 13th of september at 9:00 am. I have rented a flat in the city center and will be living there all ALONE after my father and brother leave. The idea of having to pay for my gas, electricity, water and internet bills is scaring the crap out of me!
- I'm excited about going to buy groceries for my flat. I've already thought (in another alley) about some of the things I'll buy. The list includes: yogurt, cereal, bread, nutella, peanut butter, cheese, berries, junk, milk and juice.
- I've been thinking about the things I will be needing for university. Stationary is at the top of my list. I also want to get myself some magnets to place on my fridge.
- Once a month, I'll get myself some flowers and place them in a vase in my living room. Flowers make me happy :D
- I'm looking forward for registration and induction week. I want to start before the excitement fades away. The usual questions about the people and campus is running through my mind.
- I'm determined to do something not related to my studies. I want to be good at something other than complaining. I'm still not sure what it will be but learning Spanish and photography is at the top of my list. Oh and maybe improve my writing skills, too?
- I miss my sister already. We have already planned her coming over for christams. I'm looking forward to catch up with her, go shopping and eating at different places everyday. I'll save money and give it to her once she arrives and let her use them wherever she wants without feeling guilty about it.
- Finally, the last thing I want to mention my dear readers is that I think rambellings like these shouldn't be what blogs are all about. No one in his right state of mind is interested in reading what's going on in someone's mind. Blogs should have an aim, something my blog is missing