Pages

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Oops?

I mentioned in previous posts that I went to a school for 12 years and then decided to move to another school in the last 2 years seeking better education. I believe I learnt a lot of things in the new school and I also tried things out I never imagined I'll be allowed to try. Going to a mixed school after being in a gender segregated school showed me how fun classes can be with guys around. I'll stop talking about the good side about moving because its not the point of my post.

Well, since I've been in my previous school for 12 years it means that I've seen the same people all the time with new comers and old ones leaving. During these 12 years I've made friends that I was REALLY close with. I thought I'll never need other friends when I move because I have my friends and I'm not planning to replace them. However, after I moved it was hard to communicate with them since school work was very demanding. I would spend hours doing school work and I only talk to people from my class as we discuss homework and such topics. Then the problem starts, I didn't really like the people in the new school. I would stick to a few people and wouldn't open up for others. Now and after I graduated I see the problem. I am not as close as I used to be with my old friends and I am not that close with the new friends since I don't know them well. Ooops?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it could be because you didn't spend as much time as you did with the other old friends? I mean you spent 12 years in that school so that would be a reason enough to make you attached to your old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rummy, true. The thing is moving schools made me concentrate a lot on my studies to the point that I didn't have much time to see them so I feel I lost that "bond" we had.
    Friends come and go, some stay all the time.. I think I can add more friends to the ones that stay : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know the feeling as I went through it as well. But then since you are done with high school now, trust me you'd have more free time to arrange outings and all. Then you might not feel so guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you are not the only one.

    There are many types of people. Some who would do everything to talk to their friends, some who will talk to them when then remember them and some who would only talk to them when they are in need of their friends or see them in front of them.

    I may not have included all kinds of people but those are the types of people I know and dealt with. I used to try a lot to keep in touch but now I am somewhat bad in it. I only talk to them when I am really bored or think of saying hi after a long time.

    Don't worry. Maybe the time will come when you and them will talk a lot or you shall find new friends who will stick with you forever.

    ReplyDelete