Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Wishes

In the past 2 years, there was just one constant thing that I clearly knew I wanted. And as the days passed I've tried hard to keep myself focused, one step at a time to make things work the way I want them to. Of course life has a mind of its own, things don't always work the way they should. There are hiccups on the way, road bumps, whatever you want to call them, and the stronger you hold on to whatever you want the more attached you get to the idea of it. And you might start doing things that people don't understand its significance, don't let that stop you. I constantly find myself wishing. Call them wishes or prayers. It doesn't matter.

When the clock strikes 00:00, I make a wish.

Before I go to sleep, I make a wish.

After waking up, I make a wish.

Accompanying every prayer, I make a wish.

I search for my idea of a good omen, and I make a wish.

When a cold breeze blows, I make a wish.

When that bird rests on my opened window, I make a wish.

I make wishes as I go, whenever I remember and when things get tough. I gain some kind of strength from every wish. And it ruins my day when I realise I missed an opportunity to wish upon.


And I wonder where do all those wishes go?
If they reach Allah or I'm doing it all wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment