Pages

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Documenting My Life | August

August was an eventful month. A lot has been done and lots of memories created that will last a lifetime. I'm writing this from our train ride to Seville from Córdoba and it's probably why this post might not seem coherent.

I started with a sweet goodbye. My best friend left London but I managed to have a heartwarming dinner with her and her family before they left. It was a good way to end their stay in London and I'm looking forward to catching up with her when I'm back in Oman.
Part of August seems like a blur and I don't remember many of the details. I was stressed with trying to perfect my thesis. Stressing over every detail. Reading it a thousand and one times hoping to spot any mistakes to fix and add as many details as possible. As stressed as I was, I'm glad I spent a good amount of time editing it as now I'm sure at that given time, it's the best piece of work I could hand in.
Sometime in August a friend came to visit. Throughout her stay, I've admired her dedication towards achieving her goals and her confidence with her abilities along with the work she produces. We walked around Shoreditch discussing random topics while taking photos of the area. Her stay was very inspirational. Her stay made me realise the more you're confident with yourself the better work you could present.



Having friends over always distracts my forever worried brain. After she left, I started worrying about my future after submitting my thesis. Will things go according to my plans or should I just wait and see what life has for me with its endless surprises. I'm not a big fan of the unknown, it scares me more than anything right now. But I can't do anything about it and the stresses me out. Everything stresses me out.

If I could ask for any pet, I'd ask for a chimpanzee. I felt for the entirety of August it's all I've thought about. A cute huggable chimpanzee. One that's fully trained and just there to play around and enjoy life without any worries. I'm yet to find a zoo in the UK that would let me pet one for a day at least.

I love days when I find something I lost a while back. I love finding them when I need them the most. Sometime during the month I found some emergency cash I thought I lost a while back. I found them at a time when I was short on money and it felt like I found them at the right exact time. When I first lost them I thought I'll just stop looking because one day I'll pack the place up and I'll find them then. I still think I found them at exactly the right time. It felt really good.

People travel all the time. They share pictures and memories when you meet them. They talk about what they liked the most and what they hated. They talk about the weather and atmosphere. You don't usually expect them back baring gifts, but when they do it's a totally different feeling. One of my friends went to Greece for a holiday and came back with a bracelet from an island she visited and got me a pot of Greek coffee because she knows I love coffee. The thoughtful gift made me appreciate her even more. I love giving gifts and I don't usually expect ones in return.

On the 23rd, my sister arrived to London. We spent the day catching up on the happenings of the past 8 months that we didn't see each other. Met a few friends and went to sleep getting ready for the big day. We woke up on the 24th got ready and headed to Hammersmith to submit my MSc thesis. On our way we documented my submission journey every stop of the way. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder and it was time to enjoy the freedom before stressing over my viva. We went for lunch with some of the MSc course mates, went to visit the Science museum and ended our night with watching the Aladdin musical.

August was also the month we visited Spain, visiting 6 cities in 7 days. I had high expectations for Spain and it didn't fail me. I enjoyed my travel with the sister a lot, she has always been the perfect travel partner as we have similar interest. We visited Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Granada, Sevilla and Cordoba. Each city had it's own unique thing about it but probably loved Sevilla the most. I'm not sure what exactly made me like it the most. It's probably the mix of history, quiet-ish atmosphere and the people. So much beautiful architecture was seen in this Spain trip, my camera couldn't capture beautifully what my eyes could see. 

I'm looking forward to September but I'm not sure how I really feel about it coming. I'm excited for visiting Lisbon but everything after the end of our trip just scares.

P.S: Serendipity is a beautiful word.

No comments:

Post a Comment