Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Perfectly Planned

One of the things I find satisfying is a fully planned day, one that I know what to expect from it. One that keeps me occupied without it being stressful. I hate days that go to waste, without me doing anything productive. Although I hate routines, I like for my days to have have some kind of structure and a purpose. The purpose can be something as simple as just finding time to unwind and relax or read a book or something a bit more like running errands.


I appreciate a little bit of time having breakfast without rushing to get somewhere. An ideal breakfast will have both sweet and savory options to satisfy all taste buds. I enjoy it when I get time to have a cup of hot coffee with a side of reading and I love it even more when there is someone around for me to then discuss what I read with. I like following it with 20 minutes or so of uninterrupted writing time, I feel most inspired after a day that started as I expected it to and with some intellectual conversations. I don’t like moving from whatever comfortable spot I’m in until I’m ready. Once all of that is done, I’m ready to face the world with a big smile.


I love to have an hour of afternoon tea with a cup of tea and delicious snacks. It’s the ideal way to recharge and feel happy. It probably has to do with the memories I associate with tea time growing up, I’m not sure, I just know that it makes me happy. Some interesting talks come up during this time, random and out of the blue. Some topics are more dense, they make you think hard,  they give you a headache. I sometimes take my tea time seriously and I think I should everyday.


I don’t like loud evenings with a lot of plans and people. Evenings are meant to be quiet, with minimal noise unless it’s a small family gathering (and by family I mean those who you’re comfortable to be around them). Evenings are a time to catch up with my father after a long day of barely seeing him. A time to make sure one last time that my mother is alright. It’s a time to catch up with TV shows or more reading.


This post makes me and my days sound very boring, very structured, overly planned. But believe me I love spontaneous days just as much. I love last minute plans that turn out to be one of the best things I’ve done in a while. I appreciate my days in any way as long as at the end of the day I’m satisfied with the way I spent them.

P.S: This happens less often that it does

No comments:

Post a Comment