Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

I was ready by 7:30 am and walking to my car. I switch on the car and do my daily checks of petrol and mirrors. With my coffee in the cup holder, I start driving with a smile. I love driving at 80 kmph so I turn to the right lane and drive slowly and calmly to my destination. Today, I'm on my way to my recently opened coffee shop. Crisp white and mahogany interior with coffee beans decorating the place, the smell of coffee lingering in the air and the sound of coffee machines soothing the busy brains. I walk in with a smile asking for an Americano. I pull out my wallet and my current read. I'm daydreaming.

I catch myself daydreaming about anything and everything coming up to being 26. How I would react when I get the news about being accepted for my MSc or an approval for a training at the WHO. My recent daydreaming trend is apartments. I miss living in an apartment and I find myself daydreaming about a Nordic styled one. I daydream about happy moments but I sometimes daydream about losing someone close to my heart. I mostly dismiss such thoughts, nod my head and blink a couple of times and go back to whatever I was doing. I could imagine you remembering today in a meeting and laughing about how much I worry at 22.


To be honest, I sometimes worry that when I reach 26 you wouldn't have figured anything out. You'd still be lost and confused and I'll be here hoping for no reason. But I need something to hold on to and daydream about and you're all I've got for now.

Please figure it out.
22

No comments:

Post a Comment