Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

4 Years Later




It’s funny how time passes quickly but when living it we complain about how slow it is. I still haven’t processed the idea of completing four years in the UK, graduating and coming back home. It didn’t sink in yet. For all my brain knows I’m on my summer holiday and I’ll be flying back to Leeds in a month. 

Leeds has been a home away from home. Every step, every corner, every cup of coffee. Every pound spent in Waterstones, Boots and Tesco. Every journey from the train station; to Manchester, London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Buckingham, Edinburgh, York, Newcastle, Durham. Oh how much I’ll miss afternoon tea. Every assignment I have submitted, every exam I sat, every trip to the library, to the cluster, to the lab, to the union. I had days where I knew exactly why I was there, I was sure of the course I have chosen and understood my lectures. But I also had days when I was completely confused, didn’t know what I was doing and wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing. I failed a module, passed others on the edge and did extremely well in others. Years passed. I knew the path I enjoyed the most in my field and currently deciding on what to do next. Studying abroad is a journey on itself that I’m glad I was given the chance to take. But I still don’t know myself well.

I graduated, not as good as I hoped but I made it till the end. I did extremely well in my dissertation and I’m relieved that acknowledging myself at the end of it wasn’t an embarrassment. I’ll miss my friends, they’ve been a big part of all of this but I’m sure I’ll stay in touch with them. It’s not easy to forget people you have lived with for 4 years. 


I’m not sure what’s going to happen next but for now I’ll enjoy reading books till further notice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment