Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One of those days..

Today is one of those random days that I get to sit with a few members of the family in our pantry discussing a topic after another. It started off with me and my uncle having dinner at the pantry discussing about Oman's objectives, education programs and other topics. I'm not a smart person neither am I with an adequate amount of knowledge. I only know what I studied and even that is not a lot. I could barely have an opinion on something and when I do its usually what I liked when someone else mentioned it. I'm jealous of those people my age or younger who can say their point of view because they know a lot. I do read but I always feel like I'm not just there.. I'm the type that always wants to make a change but I don't know where to start. I want to create something new, come up with something that will help the country but again I don't know how or where to start from.

We discussed something interesting in the pantry today. What is Oman's objective? What are we trying to show the world? Oman just like other GCC countries focuses on tourism, petrol and natural gas. We could say that Oman isn't as rich with the petrol because as I understood Oman's petrol is harder to extract compared to KSA for example which makes us produce less. But what about tourism? Why is the UAE better for example? Oman has its tourism at its peak during the summer with Khareef Salalah and also maybe during January/February with Muscat Festival. I'm sure Oman can do more but what are we lacking? Media attention? Or maybe Oman is doing just well and I keep comparing it with other GCC countries? Or maybe like always my opinion is just out of place and I have no idea what I'm talking about

Other than my random "one of those days" in the pantry, I got a kitty a few days ago and called her Meow. I am stuck with letter D and still haven't decided when to leave the house to snap a shot.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the A-Z project! Looking forward for you to finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buthaina4:37 PM

    D for Delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sadia
    Buthaina D for dad :D

    ReplyDelete