Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

May I present Maria


Before I start, happy new year to all :D

Ever since I started blogging, I never thought about presenting myself to my readers with a post about myself. It ran through my mind a few times to write about myself but never found the right words and I know I’ll never find the perfect ones. I find it really hard to talk to people about myself, its either you know me or you get to know me by time. So here is me trying to present myself, and here it goes:

I’m Maria, an 18 year old from the Sultanate of Oman. I like to believe I’m born on the 3rd of May 1992 at home (Yes I was born inside our house in the 20th Century and no my mother didn’t plan home birth it just happened!). By the time my mother and I were rushed to the hospital it was past midnight and so the world believes I’m born on the 4th of May. I’m 3rd child from 4 yet they treat me as if I’m the youngest *not that I mind, hehe O:)*. I’m the odd one in our family and I used to get bullied by my siblings because of it.

Since an early age, I was obsessed with colours. During my two years in kindergarten, I would use as many colours on my work as possible. Growing up and getting into primary and secondary school, I would use as many coloured pens as possible when studying. I wont forget my love for post-its and hilighters in the so many colours I can find. I wont forget to mention my colourful side lamps and the bed covers I got from Dubai that were sadly smaller than the size of my bed.

Other than colours, I am also mesmerized by the fantasy world of unicorns, fairies, leprechauns and pots of gold at the end of rainbows. If such worlds exist, I would rather live in them rather than the real world. I have my Lala Land planned out and I would love to tell you all about it if you’re interested :D

I’m a big fan of cartoons and animated movies. I don’t think I will ever get bored of them. Disney Land is one of the places I want to go to before I die even if it means going there when I’m 60 years old with saggy wrinkly skin and can barely lift myself up.

I would also like to mention that I’m attracted to anything shiny or glittery. I would stop anything I’m doing to look for the source of such amazing things.

I enjoy watching romantic movies, chick flicks and horror movies for one reason; I don’t have to focus on the plot to understand the movie! A walk to remember is one of my favourite movies and I cry whenever I watch it.

Ever since I can remember, I wanted to be a doctor. I’ve always enjoyed dealing with kids and so wanted to be a paediatrician and guess what this wont end like you think it will (or maybe you will). I didn’t get the required grades and I’ll be studying Genetics after my foundation year. I still want to study medicine and its really depressing knowing I wont be studying it so I’ll probably transfer to medical school later on.

I prefer spending time with kids rather than adults because it’s easier to communicate with them. I enjoy their conversations, playing with them and their mentalities. I really think kids are the most creative people and I wouldn’t mind listening to their cute white lies. I can tolerate all kids but one, my 6-year-old cousin!

Fashion never interested me until this year. I like putting on make-up, dressing up and looking good. I love accessories shoes and anything sparkly but not in a slutty way. I’m considered tall yet I love wearing heals. I find heels to be the best looking type of footwear.

I go back and forth between Oman and Saudi Arabia, spending most my time in Oman. Mom’s side of the family lives in Saudi and no I’m not half Saudi. I should add Leeds as its my 2nd home now :D

I’m a big fan of music; I would listen to anything and everything with a good beat and nice lyrics. My iTunes list has Khaleeji, African, American, Australian, British, Italian, French, Spanish, Indian and Persian songs. And oh yeah I have every genre you could think of.

Enough for now. Such a vain post :P

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I love this post! <3 Such a nice presentation.

    Nice to meet you, Maria :P

    ReplyDelete