Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Dear 26

Dear 26,

I turned 23 this month, a small step closer to you. I’ve been working on a lot of tiny little steps because I do understand I can’t just leap the next 3 years, I’m not that athletic. To tell you the truth, I want to be able to be athletic and leap my way through to you, I’ll find a gym buddy and start working on that stamina of mine. 

I’m back to drowning myself in books hoping to find a solution in one of them or maybe stumble upon a guide to force life to cooperate with me for a change. I no longer just read books, I start challenging myself to finish a book in less than 24 hours and recently in less than 12 hours! It’s fun to set goals and work on them, which is why you exist really. 

In the past few months I’ve read enough about how you shouldn’t compare yourself to other people and you don’t have to know your life plans and figure things out before you’re 30. A vague future freaks me out and I prefer having a plan that might never work out than just live with no goals. I love the idea of living each day the way it is, live with the surprises it has for me. I say I do that but really before I go to bed I plan my next day automatically without even realising it. I also wake up and make a plan. I’m not sure how you are at 26 but I have a feeling you’d still be the same. Planning every detail you can. I’d say don't stop it, plan but be spontaneous. Stay spontaneous. 

Yours truly,
You at 23


No comments:

Post a Comment